Meet our Music Teacher
Grace Lutheran School is blessed to be welcoming Johanna Johnson to our school as our new music teacher. Read all about her in this Glimpse of Grace.
- Tell us a little about yourself.
I have a music education degree from Indiana University/Bloomington. I have spent many years teaching classroom music and private lessons. I have been a member of the Grace Parish Choir for about 5 years. I am blessed to have three musical children, all of whom attended Grace. I also play the French horn and piano.
- What do you like to do when you aren’t working?
When I am not working, I enjoy reading, going to concerts, spending time with friends, and watching movies with my cats, Bono, and Charlie. I love spending time with my children, Natalie, Daniel, and Joseph. I also enjoy travelling. I just got back from New York City where my son, Daniel, is doing a jazz academy internship.
- What are you most looking forward to about working at Grace?
I am looking forward to hearing our kids sing again in services. I am also excited to be able to choose music about our faith and to teach in a school where music is valued and supported.
- What will music class look like this year?
Music class this year will incorporate singing! We will also be playing recorders and ukuleles in 3-4 grades. I also enjoy music games and movement, especially for the younger grades.
- Grace Lutheran School is often described as a place where children grow in faith and character as well as academics. How does this apply in your position?
Our students get to contribute to the worship life of the church in a meaningful way. We get to sing songs about our faith. I am looking forward to this year when we can do the Christmas Eve service again.
- Anything else you’d like us to know?
I grew up riding horses in the piney woods of East Texas. I had a pony named Susan! I still love to ride when I get the chance.